What is one of the most popular tourist destinations in your country. Describe. Why do you think so many people visit this site every year? Due Tuesday October 16
Compare and contrast traditional forms of writing, such as writing done on paper, with electronic writing, for example, writing done on digital devices, such as a computer, tablet, or smart phone.
Please answer one of these questions in 200 words or less by no later than FRIDAY at 9:00 p.m.
1) Has your country ever experience a natural disaster? Explain what happened using details. What was done in response to the disaster?
2) Have you ever experienced a natural disaster, such as a earthquake, hurricane or tornado? What was it like? how did you feel? how did you protect yourself. Explain in detail.
3) In your own words, summarize the process of how a Tsunami occurs.
4). In your own words, summarize the unit on PREDICTING EARTHQUAKES. What were the main ideas and details?
Choose one of the following questions and write 200 words or less.
- In addition to farmers killing animals to protect their livestock, what do you think are some other possible causes of animal endangerment?
- Are their an endangered animals in your country? Which one? Describe the animals using details. How is it being endangered? What is being done to stop it?
- Do you think the government should give more money to the space program or animal endangerment? Choose a side and support your answer with reasons.
Choose one of the following and make a venn diagram and outline in preparation to write your essay.
- Where culture refers to language, religion, politics, race, gender, sexual preference, music, dance, style, clothes, education, or sports:
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects between your country and America
- Compare and contrast cultural aspects between your country and a neighboring country
- Compare and contrast two groups’ perspectives on cultural aspects from your country
Choose one of the following questions and write a short paragraph of 250 words or less by no later than Sunday 7/29 at 8:00. This week’s writing counts as a participation grade for the writing class, and a Grammar in Discourse (see grammar syllabus) grade for the grammar class. Therefore, try to write accurately and complexly.
- Why do you think people get tattoos? Use reasons, examples and details to support your response.
- Would you let your child get a tattoo? If so, at what age? If not, why not? Use reasons, examples and details to support your response.
- Compare the way people in your culture transform their skin through piercing or tattoos with one of the cultures you read in the reading passage.
Choose 1 of the following questions about sports or beauty and write 1 paragraph 200 words or less in response to the question.
Question 1: What is the most popular sport in your country? Why do you think it is so popular? How do fans watch and celebrate this sport?
Question 2: (for athletes) What is your favorite sport to play? Why do you enjoy playing this sport?
Question 3: Why do cultures have different concepts of what is beautiful? Use reasons and examples to support your response?
Question 4: Do you think babies have a concept of beauty? Why or why not? Use reasons and details to support your response.